Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to match my IC with this impedance load?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sina

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Impedance Matching

I am designing PLC(power line carrier) and I am using IC MC1496 for my project.The output signal of this IC is connected to LC load that this LC is coupler of signal to distribution line .How I must match my IC with this load?
The unload signal is sine wave and the loaded signal decreased in amplitude.

Re: Impedance Matching

The output voltage will always decrease when putting a load on a circuit.

What you need to know is the impedance of the load you are driving and the required load for your circuit. From these two values you can design the network. A problem occurs when the load value is frequency dependent.

From this information you can design a network to transform the actual load value to the required load value. For simple cases two or three element LC networks can be used.

inductor's impedance = 2πfL
capcitor' impedance =jw/c
so load depended on frequency and value of capcitor and inductor.

if you have an RF case, the best book i suggest you to read is:
foundations of microwave engineering, by R.E.Collin
i think available at mcu:
/h44p://www.mcu.cz/atm/index.php?&direction=0&order=&directory=UsersFiles/eirp/RFandMICROWAVES/Foundations.for.Microwave.Engineering-IEEE.Press

bytheway, it discusses only narrow-band impedance matching. if you are in need of a wide-band matching circuit, i shuold tell you that an analytical formulation is not achieved yet, and you should use analytical terms along with some optimization methods such as steepest decent method or even genetic algorithm to gain that. however, there are some tools in this topic, i know Zela nd's modua myself; and i think C$T Mic rowave st udio has one too.

rgrds, marti
btw:wide-band impedance matching is a hot, practical, nice, open problem. i will be appriciate if anyone works on this topic , or interests on it, too. u may pm me, or just posting here. :).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back