Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to make bipolar sine signal to unipolar sine signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

thelukuntla

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i need feedback control of inverter with voltage as feedback. to fed the feedback signal to adc of microcontroller i need to make bipolar sine signal to unipolar one, i.e offsetting sine signal, a zero offset sine signal.
can anyone has idea or application notes related to. kindly post reply

thanks in advance

rakesh_trustworthy said:
i think you need a full wave bridge rectifier...........
Plz go through this...........
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diode_bridge

hi

what i need is level shifting of sine signal, i.e in general sine signal has ±Vm as positive and negative peaks respectively, but i need a sine signal with 2*Vm as positive peak and zero as negative peak, so entire sine signal should be level shifted, so that i can give it adc channel of microcontroller(microcontroller adc handles only positive signal in range of 0-5V.).

Just run it through an opamp and set it to add an DC offset voltage.

Make sure you dont have any caps in series or they will just block the DC offset.

Red

Status
Not open for further replies.