Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to make a touchpad work

Status
Not open for further replies.

monimi

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, is just that i have a touchpad and i need to make it work, i have the controller reference but i dont have any schematics to know how is the name of each pin of the touchpad, there is a 6 pin ribbon cable, but i dont know how to begin with, is there a way to know what is each pin of the touchpad to make the reception of the data?, the reference of the controller is the following:

elan 33059V-3000 1127 BG116U1

it is from a Samsung 300E5A.

or is there a way to get the schematics of the main board of the laptop to know what the pins are?, is just that i've searched but haven't found anything.

Please help. Thanks in advanced.

Are there any integrated circuits on the touchpad?

Touchpads are often (or at least used to be) a standard PS/2 interface, like an old mouse.

Are there any integrated circuits on the touchpad?

Touchpads are often (or at least used to be) a standard PS/2 interface, like an old mouse.

Hi, thanks for the reply, and yes, there is a controller in the touchpad, is just that i dont have the output pins of the touchpad, it has 6 pins, and the controller is the following:

elan 33059V-3000 1127 BG116U1

That's the reference of the controller.

i have searched the datasheet of that controller but i haven't found it, neither the schematics of the laptop that has it (samsung 300E5A).

what i need to know is the which pin is what to work with it, and i i'm kind of lost with this.

Thanks in advanced.

Can the laptop still power up?

If so, you could reconnect the touchpad and scope the signals. It should be easy to spot Vcc and ground, and if it is PS/2 then the clock and data lines should be obvious too.

Decoupling capacitors on the controller are a good clue to Vcc and ground, too.

Can the laptop still power up?

If so, you could reconnect the touchpad and scope the signals. It should be easy to spot Vcc and ground, and if it is PS/2 then the clock and data lines should be obvious too.

Decoupling capacitors on the controller are a good clue to Vcc and ground, too.

Hi, i actually don't have the laptop, i only have the touchpad :sad: .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back