Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to make a dll file from a lib file?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mobile-it

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Is it possible to make from a lib file a dll? I want to use this file in LabVIEW but LabVIEW doesn't support lib files; only dll for node for importing C code.

thanks in advance

Dll Problem

Make a dll exporting the functions that labview needs. In the dll, link in the lib file and the exported functions just use the lib code.

mobile-it

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Re: Dll Problem

Do you have some books/links about dll programming?

If they have some addition to how to use them in labview would be wonderfull but not necessary.

thanks for your help already!

Dll Problem

I use Borland Builder and this would be a piece of cake to do in Builder. You would just use the dll wizard and write wrappers that call the functions in the lib file and link in the lib file. The lib file should come with a header file <*.h> file that contains the function prototypes. The lib file is like a dll file, are you sure there's not some way that labview can use it?

mobile-it

I use Dec-c++ for making my programs, there is an option for programming dll's; I am experimenting with it at the moment, LabVIEW seems to accept only dll files :s

thanks for your help, I will post a message in some time here! ;)

Hi,

This is the link useful concerning dll :

h**p://www.boondog.com/%5Ctutorials%5Cdlltutor%5Cdlltutor.htm

nukhung

mobile-it

Here are the methods to do a dll and link it statically and dynamically with some sample code
hope it could help .. good luck

mobile-it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back