Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to make a device to connect a VGA monitor to TV ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

makri

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
converting vga to tv

HEllo

How can I make a device to connect my VGA monitor to cable TV

Makri

Re: VGA to TV convertor

Actually, the title of your post is wrong: it is not about converting VGA to TV - what you want to do is to convert a composite video (or S-video) to VGA ..
I suggest you buy one!!! and the reason is just below (s-video-to-VGA circuit diagram) - you're not talking about a trivial item, you've got to not only decode the composite signal to produce RGB, you've also got to digitize the signals, store them in memory, change the number of frames per second and lines per frame, and play them back out.

Regards,
IanP

Can't you do this by using a modulator out of an old VHS player??

Hi,

I think that the AL128 component from averlogic.com is OK for you.
Regards

Daniele

Hi makri tell me that if it is what y´re looking for:
**broken link removed**

VGA to TV convertor

what is the appropriate VGA should be used here?

Driving this topic little further. I have discarded DVD Rom earlier used in my PC. Is there any circuit to connect to TV for watching movies?

I've made a vga to rgb cable myself... well I copied the design from a swedish student who made a guide in swedish.

It is a simple solution with few components.. actually only one resistor, cable and connectors. You connect it to the second vga on ati card and to scart on tv.

But it works only for Ati Radeon graphics card, and you need to install two softwares. Could be a little tricky, but there is help to get on internet.

The result is great picture and sharpness on your TV while watching movies or dvd's trough your computer.

People say it can destoy the tv so be careful...
but I have'nt heard of anyone... mine works fine

There is another site for the same cable in english, Think it's the same...

**broken link removed**

hi,
try search google
a lot of links will appear to you

Fire in The Wire :idea:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back