Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to make a cheap location detector?

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnny6113

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
need some advice

I am thinking about making a location detector. I can use it to monitor my cat location in the house area by looking at monitor.How do I make it?Do I need to spend lots of money?

thanks.

Re: need some advice

One simple way is to have a necklace on the cat with pulsed LEDs . Then in each room there are optical sensors. Their outputs are amplified through band pass amplifiers tuned to the pulse frequency.

The alternatives of sound generators on the cat would irritate it. Radio methods are more complex because the receivers can detect through walls.

One joke method would be to have the necklace electrically shock the cat and have meow acoustic detectors in each room. I thought of this method as a door bell. From the sound the human makes you can tell who is at the door.

need some advice

u can make a beacon which will be using RF frequency and that will send contiunously the signal.

and with good RF level meter u can track the cat

need some advice

thanks for the advice.by the way,how can I get the signal on my monitor?
Where can I find the circuit diagram or the informaion about the beacon which will be using RF frequency?

It is not going to be simple.
It will cost a lot of money.

shwoo said:
It is not going to be simple.
It will cost a lot of money.

thanks for the advice.Anyway,I am still interested in making it.can someone help me.I only would like to find the location of the cat by using a portable monitor.

Hi Johnny,
There is an article on page 16 of the Elektor Magazine, December 2005. I found it here:
**broken link removed**

password: www.AvaxHome.ru

It looks like what you want and more. Complex project, but doable!
Best wishes,
Robert

BeeBop said:
Hi Johnny,
There is an article on page 16 of the Elektor Magazine, December 2005. I found it here:
**broken link removed**

password: www.AvaxHome.ru

It looks like what you want and more. Complex project, but doable!
Best wishes,
Robert

thanks for the article.it does give me some idea on my project.After read it,I think that it is a complex project.a

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back