Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to link nets from different pages of the design

Status
Not open for further replies.

diggdip

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

i have added some parts and nets in existing schematics (OrCAD 16.5).
I have tried to connect the nets from different pages of the same design by creating ports and giving them the same net-name.
Now when i run the DRC i have warnings like "port has no matching in pin part instance" and "Net has fewer than two connections".
What have i done wrong, how do i solve it?

Thanks

Ensure you have given same names to the off page connectors in both the pages!

Can i use other then off page connectors,
for example two or more ports, wires, or off page connectors are the only way?

- - - Updated - - -

Ensure you have given same names to the off page connectors in both the pages!
I have tried that, still do not able to see these nets linked, as one signal and the error still exists.

First step is to verify whether you have given same net name or not in all pages and then next is checking offpage connectors connectivity..
If the DRC says "Net has fewer than two connections" it means those are single pins nets and not linked to any where

Some of the simplest mistakes (and even I have made this one once) is to place too many spaces or underscores in a signal name. The nets look the same, but they never meet.
The other thing to try is to use the global command (/g) on your signal nets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back