Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to link from ISE5.1 to its modelsimXEII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Santos san

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Whe I creat a new project in the ISE5.1 and then write my VHDL and need to simulate it , I don't have a shortcut inside ISE to do that . so , I had to open modelsim alone and change directory and make another project for model sim and simulate my vhdl , if need to make any change in the vhdl code i have to return back to the ISE 5.1 to make it and ...etc

can any body give me a hand and tell me how to creat a shortcut inside the ISE to the modelsim directly

Hi,
open in ISE the menu edit->preferences and put in there the location of your MXE installation. After restarting ISE (is necessary to be accepted as new setting), select your HDL source on the left side of the "sources in project"-tree, in the processes window below you should be able to select and start simulation of the file by double-clicking on it.
Hope it helped,
Maddin

THIS IS SIMPLE U CAN FIND THE ANSWER IN THE HELP DOCUMENT

Useing ISE 6.1,you needn't complie the library

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back