Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to learn the BUS architecture(PCI, PCI Express, AMBA...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: how to learn the BUS architecture(PCI, PCI Express, AMBA

hi
readabout them from stallings computer architecture book,on the eda theory board

regard

I recommend u start with the hardest thing .. read the specs even if u won't understand anything .. and while reading, put down on a piece of paper all the terms that u didn't understand .. search for them on the internet .. maybe wikipedia will be very helpful in that .. and keep on till u get the maximum knowledge out of this specs document .. and if did ur best and u still can't get everything, then post questions .. read other documents .. books and so on ..
One thing needs to be mentioned .. if u miss some basics (even if not related to bus architectures), and u found the documents packed with talking about them .. don't leave everything as a whole and go for a basics book .. just learn the specific basics that u miss for the moment .. becuase if u go for learning something else from the begining while u r preparing for a project, time will swift from u .. so, be carefull and get frustrated because of not understanding either new specs terms or even some basics that u might say others definetly know them ..

Hi sweesw,

If you want to learn PCI bus by actually developing a PCI device, you may want to consider BDS XPCI PCI IP core we have developed.
BDS XPCI PCI IP core is a Xilinx (TM) LogiCORE (TM) PCI compatible PCI IP core.
We offer this PCI IP core for as little as $100 for non-commercial, non-profit, personal use.
For more information, visit h**p://www.bracedesignsolutions.com.

Kevin Brace

--
Brace Design Solutions
Xilinx (TM) LogiCORE (TM) PCI compatible BDS XPCI PCI IP core available for as little as $100 for non-commercial, non-profit, personal use.
h**p://www.bracedesignsolutions.com

Xilinx and LogiCORE are registered trademarks of Xilinx, Inc.

sweesw said:
I know nothing about how a bus transaction is handled.
I wish to learn it from scatch, for example, what means master, what means slave, etc.
Could anyone share some ideas what and where I can start with?
What book I should read to understand it if I have no previous experience?

go to arm.com and download the datasheet

if you have any knownledge of bus , you must learn computer architecture and organization first.

zhangpengyu said:
Hi
sweesw!
I think you should read the spec first,and there's a
very good book <pci system architecture> that will
help you very well!
zhpy

can u tell about BAR in PCI bus. pls say the Exact purpose of this.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back