Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to know the network traffic ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

ExPycho

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello frens and seniors over there
we had a Lan of 100 computer ..
I usually put some files in share...what i want to know is that
which user is accessing my shared files. is there any command or i have to user third party software for such purpose..please help
Anyway thanks in advance

u can install a tiny web server on each of ur computer, and check out the log to find out who hit ur shared folder

anyway thanks for the reply
I think this will not suit for me, isnt there a alternative for this.
Plz do help

what OS is this?
I'm using normal tcpdump to analyse tcp traffic on my
linux system.

if u want only to know who's accessing ur shares and printer in windows u can type
netstat -an
in command window to find out which foreign address is connected via port 139 on ur local address as TCP/139 - NetBIOS Session Service whic is used to transfer files over TCP. This is both the port that NULL Sessions are established over and the port that file and printer sharing takes place on.

thnks a lot ... i got the command for the required work....
One thing i want to mention is that i had found the software named "sharewatch" for such purpose , its quite easy with friendly interface. Can be downloaded at https://www.stevemiller.net/sharewatch/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back