Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to keep terminal information while stream out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tea_xiao

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
pin text map table

I create several symbolic pins and shape pins in a layout.
After I stream out the layout to a gds then stream in, symbolic pins and shape pins are changed to regular isntances and regular shapes which lost their terminal information.
How to keep terminal information during stream in/out ?

Thanks a lot.

while streaming out you need to do the following things...
in the stream out window you can find user-defined data if you click on that you can find one window option called stream out Used defined data...in that you need to highlight geometry and text..then you can stream out ....hope this will fix your issue.

tea_xiao

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Kumard35d, thanks for you reply.
I open user-defined data form. I see the option "gemoetry&text". But I don't want to convert pin to label. I hope the pin is still a pin after streaming out. Should I edit the user-Defined property mapping file?

Thanks a lot.

yea you can have separate layer map file..and do..but if you have astro ..then you can get the pins in the stream out but icfb is having some limitations on this front..

I edit a file for keeping pin information
The file is just like:
B 11 T4 input
I add all pins information in the file.
I set the Convert Pin to "geometry&text" and supply the file in the Pin Text Map Table in user-defined form.
After streaming out to Gds, I import the Gds file. It converts the pin information as label. This is not what i want. I hope that the pin is still a pin after streaming out not just keeping pin information.

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back