Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to instantiate microblaze processor on to fgpa

Status
Not open for further replies.

pradeep27

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi......can anyone tell me how to instantiate microblaze processor on to fgpa board with some simple programs! since i am a beginer i dont know anything about microblaze

You need EDK, you can get a 60 days license for free from Xilinx.

ya i do have edk, but i need a procedure to do it. plz can u guide me

Ok, if you have Microblaze, you can design something without any instantiation, but if you want to add MB to your own logic, then you have to change the setting in your configuration to it creates VHDL entity for the MB, then you add this inside your ISE project.

The best way to do this is to start your ISE, then inside ISE project manager, choose add new and choose an EDK, then you start EDK from inside your ISE this way you can instantiate your EDK top level into your code.

thanx buddy! but do i need to program before sending bitstream to fpga or just instantiate a empty microblaze?

If you read a simple tutorial about how MB and EDK works then you have all your answers. Take your time go over at least ONE tutorial if you don't have time to go over a training class, then you will have answer to all your questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back