Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to install nvidia driver in fedora 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

piash

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
install nvidia driver fedora

hey,
i am new in linux. i downloaded my graphics card driver NVIDIA N6200 for linux from nvidia site. but i don't know how to install it. can anyone pleaze help me to install it??? i badly need this. i couldn't get the 3d effects without installing that driver

i wanna know the instructions step by step. thank, plzz help me

install nvidia drivers fedora 9

This is from http://www.mjmwired.net/resources/mjm-fedora-f9.html (I always use this guy's installation guides, they are easy to understand) So, don't use the installer from Nvidia's website.

Fedora recommends users install a 3rd-party RPM packaged driver instead of using the installer from Nvidia's website. Currently Livna provides a well packaged driver, installable via yum.

First, setup Livna Repository
$ sudo rpm -ivh **broken link removed**
$ sudo rpm --import /etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-livna

Install the nvidia driver through Livna:
$ sudo yum install kmod-nvidia

If a kernel update is installed at the same time (most likely), then a reboot will be required. If not, then simply log out completely of Gnome or KDE and the Nvidia driver should load. The Nvidia logo will flash quickly once.

unable to find corepointer in x configuration

hey thankx for the adice , in the shell i gave the command $ sudo rpm -ivh **broken link removed**
it prompted me to give my password i gave my local password first it says

[sudo] password for piash:
piash is not in the sudoers file. This incident will be reported.

Then I again gave the command
[piash@localhost ~]$ sudo rpm -ivh **broken link removed**
then i gave my root password but it says

Sorry, try again.

plzz help me i am new in linux so don't understand everything

Added after 5 hours 17 minutes:

thankx for the help buddy ultimately i installed it.... thank you, i may sometomes pm you if you don't mind for other cases. can you please tell some site like this, which can help me running though linux...

fedora install nvidia driver

hey,

i installed nvidia driver in fedora 9. But the problem is everytime i log out or shut down, the configuration automatically changes like resolution ..... Then everytime i have to change the resolution. can i fix it ??????

install nvidia driver fedora 9

when you set right your resolution,then
open a terminal

#chkconfig --level 345 kudzu off

how to install nvidia drivers on fedora

piash:

How do you configure the settings? You should use the nvidia-xconfig script to configure /etc/X11/xorg.conf. This will configure /etc/X11/xorg.conf with the 'nvidia' driver and its options.

$ sudo /usr/sbin/nvidia-xconfig

If you want to tweak your driver, OpenGL or display settings, use nvidia-settings.

$ sudo /usr/bin/nvidia-settings

nvidia driver install in fedora 9

hey it didn't work

when i gave $ sudo /usr/sbin/nvidia-xconfig, it resulted me as follows,

[root@localhost piash]# sudo /usr/sbin/nvidia-xconfig

Using X configuration file: "/etc/X11/xorg.conf".

WARNING: Unable to find CorePointer in X configuration; attempting to add new
CorePointer section.

WARNING: The CorePointer device was not specified explicitly in the layout;
using the first mouse device.

Backed up file '/etc/X11/xorg.conf' as '/etc/X11/xorg.conf.backup'
New X configuration file written to '/etc/X11/xorg.conf'

all the time i have to change it manually after each log in

how to install nvidia driver on fedora

uninstall the binary Nvidia rpm's !
Install gcc.
Install the kernel-devel rpm package

after installing the devel package go to run level 3:
press ctrl+alt+F1;
enter root pass;
type $init 3
execute Nvidia....run package and that's all

install nvidia fedora 9

Hi piash,

I have just found out that Fedora 9 ships with a prerelease version of xorg-server 1.5. This server has improved autoconfiguration that allows it to function without a configuration file. Because /etc/X11/xorg.conf does not exist, nvidia-xconfig will create an /etc/X11/XF86Config file instead. So, sorry about my previous post, unfortunately, xorg-server 1.4.99.901 removed support for the RgbPath option, so X configuration files generated by nvidia-xconfig will not work. For these servers, it is recommended that you delete everything but the "Device" section and leave the rest up to the X server's autoconfiguration:
Code:
Section "Device"
Identifier "NVIDIA Device"
Driver "nvidia"
EndSection

Please give it a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.