Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to improve sensitivity on radiation mode of a mobile?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xinxin

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
REQ: Sensitivity improve

I have a mobilephone , its housing is made of AL-Mg Alloy for solidity . but its sensitivity is bad on radiation mode , it;s only -95dbm on GSM and -99dbm on DCS/PCS . could you tell me how to improve it.?The materials of Al-Mg Alloy cause the sensitivity get bad, i guess. Could i get some suggestion from you on pratice, thks?

Re: REQ: Sensitivity improve

the house may worse your VSWR of your mobilephone,y can test it with the VNA ,then modify the input match with a capacitor

Re: REQ: Sensitivity improve

The material of the case can desense the mobile radio, and more than this even the paint color of the case can affect the performances. For example shall be careful using colors having oxide pigments, as red color (iron oxide) or white color (zinc oxide).
**broken link removed**
https://minerals.usgs.gov/minerals/pubs/commodity/iron_oxide/
Desense is happened usually when the case change the path of ground currents of the antenna, or is making the coupling of the digital noise from the board direct to antenna.

REQ: Sensitivity improve

Is there any effective method or way to improve the desense ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back