Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to import aperture file in PCAD2002?

Status
Not open for further replies.

den

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
no aperture definition found p cad gerber

When I try to import Gerber file in PCAD2002, apears warning: No aperture definition found in current design. Suggest opening original design and File/Clear. Does it mean I don't open Gerber file which I made with Pcad?

Regards,
Den

When you generate Gerber files, there are two formats possible. One is RS-274X which has the apertures coded with the data. The second is RS-274D which has a separate aperture file.

It sounds like you generated the RS-274D format. If the apertures are not defined, Gerber import will not work properly. If you still have the PCB file from which the Gerbers were created, you can load that file, close it but leave PCAD running, then load the Gerber files. The aperture table used by the PCB file will already be loaded, so the Gerber files will use that table. The only other way is to manually enter the aperture file.

There is a URL that describes how to create a PCAD PCB from Gerber files by manually loading the apertures:

h**p://www.jlab.org/accel/eecad/gerber.html

(*>t above)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back