Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to import a comany logo in Orcad PCB editor 16.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salim Saheb

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hai Friends,

I am using CADENCE PCB designer 16.3 version. i don't no how to import a company logo in the board design. can you tell me which format i have to save my company logo and tell me the procedure of importing the logo into cadence PCB editor.

Thank you
Salim

Hi Salim,

Company logo can be imported in DXF format easily.You will find an option in File-Import.

Thanks,
SHABU

Hai Shabu,

I did my logo in .DXF format but i cant import. if i click import button after that i cant see the logo in the PCB editor window. i am using PCB editor 16.3 version. can you help me for importing logo?

Thank you
Salim

Hi Salim,

open your .brd file. File-import-dxf. A window will pop up(Refer to attachment DXF). Browse your company logo.dxf file .
Provide your DXF created units properly. Pick incremental addition. Pick Edit\View layers. A window will pop up (Refer DXF-EDIT-VIEW attachment) .
Pick sellect all . Provide the class and subclass names in which you need your imported logo.Pick- MAP and ok. Pick- Import.
Your logo will be imported.

Before importing , view your company logo.dxf using any viewers.

Thanks,
Shabu.

Attachments

• DXF.jpg
    DXF.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 104
  • DXF-EDIT-VIEW.jpg
    DXF-EDIT-VIEW.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:

Hai Shabu,

I opened my .DXF File after that i cant get the option to assign the layers. its giving a error. after that i click the import button.In the PCB editor window i cant see the logo. what to do. Shabu please tell me which software is good for converting .JPG file to .DXF format

Thank you
Salim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back