Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to implement the four phase clock in digital logic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gunpla

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear All:

as the figure, i need four phase control clock

but i would like to implement in digital logic (like FF or logic gate)

who can tell me the search name or schematic ?

thanks

12_1164100681.jpg

You should implement this quad-phase clock generator in HDL like Verilog or VHDL.

Using discrete logic gates and FFs will surely incur races, delays and glitches.

Thanks for SkyHigh

but i must use full-custom flow to implement this block

gunpla,
One way:
Implement a 2 stage shift counter by feeding the inverted output of the last stage of the shift register to the input of the first stage. This generates the following sequence:
Decode each output using 2-input And gates (Assuming that the complement of each stage is available). This sequence guarantees glich-free decoding because in going from one state to the next, one and only one bit changes state. This type of counter is called a "Johnson Counter". It can be implemented using any number of stages. It has the property that any state can be decoded in a glitch-free manner using 2-input And gates (Assuming that the complement of each stage is available). Furthermore, any consecutive sequence of states can also be glitch- free decoded using only 2-input And gates. The Johnson counter has the disadvantage of having only 2N states, as opposed to 2^N states for a binary counter. Also, if the counter ever gets into an illegal state, it will never get out, unless additional logic is provided. This, of course, can't happen with the 2 stage counter, since there are no illegal states.
Regards,
Kral

a counter can help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back