Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to implement delay using basic digital blocks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhl777

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all, I am trying to build a block that can have a 50ns delay between input and output. This is for some further logic circuit.
I am using some basic digital logic, and I know inverter can achieve this function. However, in my simulation library, each inverter only has around 50ps delay.
That means if I want to achieve 50ns delay, the number of inverter I need is around 1000!

I am just wondering if there is any other simpler way to implement delay circuit via these basic digital logic circuits? Thank you very much!

So you want a pulse of duration T, delayed by 50 nS? The way I am thinking is to have two paths, one the pulse, one the inverted pulse. Use each path to trigger a timer of 50 nS, use the output of these two timers to fire a SR bistable. This might make the SR bistable set 50 nS after the pulse's leading edge, then reset 50 nS after the pulses trailing edge. A bit untidy, lets see what others can offer.
Frank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back