Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to implement CPLD interface ISA slot

Status
Not open for further replies.

J_expoler2

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
cpld isa

Hi.
how to implement CPLD interface ISA slot
i looking some web site but ican't find it

thank

cpld isa interface

What do you want to achieve?

Design an ISA interface card with CPLD? Or do you want to use ISA-cards in your system and control them via CPLD?

ISA is really an easy bus to use...I suggest you get familiar with the bus itself...then the solutions turns out to be really simple...

see: hxxp://www.techfest.com/hardware/bus/isa.htm
for specs...

Probably you won´t find any sources because most ISA cards use PAL/GAL for decoding (o;

cpld isa bus

hi, davorin, i want to disign an PCMCIA interface host controller with GAL, could you give me some suggestions? by the way, do you know where can i get the datasheet of LATTICE GAL ( part no. : IM4A3-32-10VC-121), I can't log in lattice homepage. thank you

im4a3-32 datasheet

Host controller for PC-Cards or Cardbus? Since this topic is about ISA then I assume PC-Card.

For what host system?

Why don´t you jsut make an account at latticesemi and login?

what to implement on isa

the problem is i can't open the webpaper!
oh, i want to make a WLAN-AP with the cpu S3C4510B, so i should expand a pcmcia interface.

im4a3 vhdl

Think someone has posted the datasheet here...since you have posted your question twice...

What WLAN card? 16 or 32 bit? Most WLAN cards are nowadays 32 bit cardbus...unless you go for CF cards...

Get yourself a copy of the PCMCIA specifications...many CPLD companies have examples of how PCMCIA is implemented as well...

Basically you just route the data/addres signals with chip selects and read/write signals....then you end up with several different address locations..mainly common memory, configuration memory and IO space...also you have take care of 16/8 bit accesses....but this is only true for PC-Card and not cardbus...

If you want to use cardbus as most WLAN cards are now then you're out of luck (o;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back