Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to handle the commo-mode LO leakage at the output of mixer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

polestar707

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm simulating a double-balanced mixer in 65nm. I found in the output there is strong even-order LO which is common-mode signal. I think this comes from the nonlinearity of transistor. This large common-mode signal would affect the buffer stage. How to deal with it? Any suggestion would be appreciated. Thank you!

Do you drive the mixer with square wave ? If you do, square wave has lowest even harmonics.If you don't, make it square wave as much as possible.
If you drive it with a sinusodial signal, the nonlinearity of LO part of your mixer can create IMD.In additional to this, check the OP of the LO and RF/IF part of the mixer.

Do you drive the mixer with square wave ? If you do, square wave has lowest even harmonics.If you don't, make it square wave as much as possible.
If you drive it with a sinusodial signal, the nonlinearity of LO part of your mixer can create IMD.In additional to this, check the OP of the LO and RF/IF part of the mixer.

Thank you.
I drive the mixer with sinusoid LO. It's strange that I didn't notice the strong common-mode even-order harmonics of LO at IF port in order technology, like 0.35um.
Also, can you please tell me what OP is?

Thank you.
I drive the mixer with sinusoid LO. It's strange that I didn't notice the strong common-mode even-order harmonics of LO at IF port in order technology, like 0.35um.
Also, can you please tell me what OP is?

OP stands for "Operating Point"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back