Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] How to graph functions in hspice

Status
Not open for further replies.

hyuken

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Currently I have a graph of the current through an NMOS device with a sweep on the gate voltage and the drain voltage. What would I need to make it a log graph of the current? I have tried using the function button, but it only graphs one line(one drain voltage), rather than the full sweep. Am I missing something? Also how do I specify which voltage is the x-axis?

Hi Hyuken,

The graphical interface of HSPICE is not good. I usually prefer to get the data and use them in other software, For example, Matlab or even, Excel.
Sometimes I use the Avanwaves, a graphical tool that is included HSPICE installation. Are you using it? If yes, you only need to click over the right bottom over the axis, and choose “Set Logarithm Scale”.
You can also use the Cscope to do it. I don’t have this tool installed.

Regards,

Reactions: hyuken

hyuken

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Ah, thank you. I forgot to mention I was using waveviewer. So I just right clicked on the axis and changed it to a log scale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back