Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to get the H-plane and E-plane in the far field in HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

tw20053010

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear Sir:

Oh, did you get the H-plane and E-plane in the far field on HFSS?How could you do that? Is it as follow:Choose
Creat report»far filed » radiation pattern»rE»rEtotal» dB? But that just means rE, not E. I want to plot the E-plane and H-plane, while I cannot find E just rE, so could tell me the step to show the E-plane and H-plane?

Thank you very much!!!

Regards,

e plane pattern and h plane pattern

if you want to plot E you will have to specify r.You can create a near field sphere setup and specify a large radius in order to see the far fields.Then by choosing fields or near fields in results you will be able to plot E.I hope this helps!!!.

e-plane pattern h

far field rE is calculated at infinite distance. All field values at distance >2D²/lambda are proportional to rE.
E=alpha*rE.

e plane pattern

How does one create a near field sphere setup ? Is it by clicking on the sphere icon (yellow ball) on top ?

Thank you.

xxxx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back