Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to get positive (+) voltage all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnykhor

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
any idea how to get positive value all the time if i having a source which varying (DC) from positive to negative.

i need it, because i am connecting my sensor output into a microchip for ADC conversion, and it will run error if i supply negative analog signal.

thanks in advance.

Hi, what about bridge rectifier circute.

how about applying a small dc shift such that the resultant waveform is always in positive voltage. another idea is using clamping circuit

thx for reply.
however, my source is DC, the varying output was the unstable result from my sensor, but not AC.

i thought both bridge and clamp are for AC?

We need more information. The nature of the signal is not clear to me. Is it a signal with a -1V to +1V range, for example, and you need to measure the whole range?

If the signal is 'unstable' you might need to fix it first depending on what you mean by unstable.

Keith

Hi,

You must be trying to sample the analog signal.
How about shifting the signal to the range that can be accepted by your ADC.?
This is a common problem, so I think there will be many solution to this.
I believe there are also ADC that can helps you with this signal that you have.

Best Regards,
Siong Boon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back