Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to get current view's coordinate in Virtuoso?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aidans

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I open an GDSII file in Virtuoso layout editor, and zoom to one part of the layout file.

I want to get the list of coordinate of the current view, Is there a virtuoso command to achieve this?
otherwise is there an skill or tcl script to perform this funcitonality?

any suggestion is welcome.

First, you cannot directly open any GDSII in Virtuoso, I guess you have Streamed In the GDSII design in Virtuoso Layout format.

3_1162314245.jpg

When you zoomed in part of the design in the VLE, wherever you move your mouse - you will get to know X Y location.

Well, provided bit more clarity into "list of co-ordinates in the current view" it would have been easier - Maybe, you are looking for all the polygons of vissible layers etc and their co-ordinates which are vissible inside current view - you need to know how geometries are stored and different type of layout objects - like path, mpp, sym-con, polygon etc, and you will figure out how to get those objects by using SKILL, and objects' props etc, ultimately you know how you want to interpret different x,y and might need to write your routines to translate path-to-polygon as probably I assume, you want vertex X,Y vals - good luck.

Hi aidans,
I think skill function "hiGetViewBBox" i s what you want.

aidans

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hughes said:
Hi aidans,
I think skill function "hiGetViewBBox" i s what you want.

thank you very much, its helpful!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back