Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to generate pwm with sg3525 ic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kashif_932

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi guys, i need some help here
i need to build a buck converter from 24v to 12v
i must generate pwm using sg3525.
but seems cant find much sg3525 used in buck converter..

CAN ANY ONE HELP ME HOW TO GENERATE PWM WITH IC ??

REGARDS;

The question sounds confused, because SG3525 is a PWM control circuit. What you probably mean is how to connect a buck switcher to the IC. SG3525 has two outputs with < 50 % duty cycle, so you would need to combine both outputs to drive the buck switch. SG3524 provides a simpler way to get > 50 % output duty cycle, so it's usually preferred. You also find a buc converter example in the datasheet. There's however room for improving the switching speed by using more sophisticated level translators.

Actually i want to generate PWM through this IC and i have tried it but it is not working ... can you please send me any link from where i can get idea or any circuit that is helpful for me...

The 3525 is perhaps the most common PWM modulator in the world...googling SG3525 circuits will provide tens of thousands of hits.

Status
Not open for further replies.