How to generate a fixed cycle sine wave( 5 cycle sine at 250Khz) with XR 2206 IC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

padiyar

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
XR 2206 IC gives a continuous sine wave.
I need to generate a fixed cycle sine wave
( say 5 cycle sine at 250Khz) with XR 2206 IC with minimum components.

How often do you want your 5 cycles? Do you want the cycles to be switched on at a certain part of the waveform. It looks like pin 3 controls the output level, so link it to V cc with a high value resistor. Then a 555 timer chip can be used as a monostable, if you set its time to (250KHz = 4 microS period X 5) to 20 microseconds to the output of the 555, then every time you fire the 555, it will short out pin3 and STOP 5 cycles. So you need to put a transistor invertor in the way so the output of the transistor switches on the XR2206. You can fire the 555 from a push button or some other oscillator. This setup is non synchronous so it will switch the 250 KHz anywhere on its wave form.
Frank

I need to full 5 cycles sine wave starting from zero.I need at least to fire once per second.I was thinking if output of two 555 timer mixed (one of them generating (1/20usec ) and another one generating 250Khz to create a tone burst ), which thereafter can be connected to pin no 1 of XR 2206.
(i still have to purchase this XR2206 ic):sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…