Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to generate 10MHZ , square wave , ( from zero up to vcc ) , with very low jitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

goldsmith

Advanced Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear All
Hi
I want generate 10MHZ square wave ( without negative cycle ) with 50 percent duty cycle , and with lowest jitter , and rise time and fall time .and with amplitude about 5 volt .
So is it possible that you guide me to design it , please?
Best Regards and appreciates
Goldsmith

Dear mister_rf
Hi
Thank you for reply.
I have an idea here but as i know , relaxation , oscillators with not gates , hasn't 50 percent D.C , do you have any idea to improve it ?
Regards
Goldsmith

Start with 20MHZ, divide by 2 (flip-flop) = 10MHZ 50% duty cycle.

Dear RJM
Hi
Thank you for your reply .
But how can i start with 20MHZ ? my mean is , can you suggest me a 20MHZ square wave oscillator with good specifications , please?
Regards
Goldsmith

If you start with any 20MHZ square wave oscillator, no mater what the duty cycle, and pass it through an edge triggered flip-flop you will end up with a 10MHZ square wave with a perfect 50% duty cycle. Just use a crystal oscillator. To be even more accurate you could start with a 2560MHZ oscillator and use 8 bit prescaler Ic (divide by 256) to give you your 10MHZ, Although the RF layout would have to be more exacting.

! u can buy ready made quartz osc and add it to c mos ..ttl is better and then pass it thru Schmidt trigger
http://www.icbase.com/pdf/add/ti/AN-101-00039en.pdf

You could could start with one of these.

**broken link removed**

2% frequency accuracy. Or 20Mhz divide by 2 = 1%, Or 40Mhz divide by 4 = 0.5%

Thank you for all of your replies and helps . i'll try these ways , and will give you the result back !
Respectfully
Goldsmith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back