Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to force structures with lumped or wave ports?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssayan79

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HFSS Excitation

Hi

I' m a new user of the forum. I'm an electronic engineer and I'm beginning to use HFSS. I'd like to know how to force structures like coaxial cables, microstrip o rectangular waveguides with "lumped ports" or wave ports.

Thank you!!

Re: HFSS Excitation

Locating good material to learn the code is the problem. There are buckets of examples cited on this site.

I would point you to the version 10 "User's guide - High Frequency Structure Simulator". (The last time I checked several weeks ago there was not a version 11 guide on the street.) It is reasonably close to the way version 11 operates so the effort is not wasted.

One the Ansoft application or sales engineers could provide you a copy. This one is about two inches thick and has a wide range of sample problems. Unfortunately, the way to learn this seems to be the brute force, full contact method.

As soon as you get comfortable with it they make major changes. It keeps me awake.

BTW, I generally favor wave ports to excite the lines you mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back