Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to find the transfer function of any motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

manzar.rosemary

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone....

I am trying to implement a PID controller for speed control of a motor. For tuning the PID constants Kp, Kd and Ki I need to know the transfer function of the motor. Can anyone please help me know how to find the transfer function of any motor i.e how to find the mechanical and electrical parameters of any motor experimentally....

Thanks...

hi friend,
i think the electrical equation of the motor needs to be taken laplace and has to be solved for getting transfer function.try it out.

Of course it's possible to identify the mechanical and electrical parameters of a motor and it's basically easy, if you a assume a linear model. But you don't need to know it. You're asking for the transfer function with a given load. With a rigid connected load inertia, it's a second order function. Record the speed in response to a voltage step, and you're done.

Thanks for reply...
But my actual problem is that I am unable to find find the Inertia and friction coefficients of the motor. Can you plz tell me how to find those experimentally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back