Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to find the metal thickness?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fanshuo

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to know what is the metal thickness of different layers in my technology and the thickness of the epi layer,
where can I find them?

In the PS (Process Specification) file for the technology

fanshuo said:
I am using UMC0.13 technology
I have no idea where it is

What Layout tool are you using ?

cadence virtuso
well I have found the thickness of metals and etc in the LPE folder of Calibre
But I still need to find the thickness of the psub

And I need to use those parameters to create the technology file for Asitic, apparently there some thin layers between two metals,I do not know whether it is necessary to include them in the technology file or not

Thx!

Dont you have a Design rule manual ?
There are all the informations that you need.

I think in manual you can not directly get the thick ness of layer but instead you can get resistance per sqare microne i.e. sheet resistance. and Rsheet= (ρ/ thickness). where ρ= resistivity of material that also you can found in manual if not you can calculate that also R= ρ (L/A) where for sqare microne you can calculate (L/A) also.

If any other way please let me know.
shitansh_vaghela@yahoo.co.in

HTh

not found yet...

Hi fanshuo,
The thinkness of metal can be found in assura profile. But I still don't know where to find the thinkness of substrate, epi layer and metal 0. Do you know how to find these information now?

You can ask your process contact window directly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back