Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to find the base address of serial port com6?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NNewBBie

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,
i want to open the serial port and to send some data through a c program. with the help of dos functions inportb and outportb i'm able to send and receive data in com port 1 whose base address is 0x03f8.. but i want to transfer data through another serial port which is not actually a serial port but it is a usb to uart converter provisioned serial port. when i tried opening it in the hyper terminal i found that it is com6. but i don't know how to find out the base address of com6...
i think somebody can answer this..
thanx in advance.

regards,
NNewBBie

Windows 7 > Start menu > Device Manager > Find your dedicated port > Open Properties > will be at resources or details

XP > Same: just find Device Manager

First things first, you can not transfer data through a USB to Serial converter using outportb and base address. You have to use a serial port available on mother board. Even a PCI serial port expansion won't work.

If you are creating the program in Windows, use Win32 API. Find details here https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms810467.aspx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back