Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to find stepper winding sequence

Status
Not open for further replies.

rameshdanas

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i have stepper motor which is MYCOM make it has the following specs
4 phase ,12v ,0.4A,1.8 deg/step it has six wires of below mentioned colours
red,black,yellow,blue,green,white
can anyone guide me how to exicte the motor to have 360 deg rotation please help me to find the winding sequence.

thank you ramesh

in that two wires are common.(i guess black n white,not sure)
connect those two common wires together.
to find out which are those common wires,u need to hav a multimeter on your table.take the meter and start finding the resistance between different combinations.u might observe these:-
An eg:- u mesasure 5E between certain pairs.
and u measure 10E between certain pairs.Then one of the wire in the 5E pair will be the common.
like that,u'll get two such wires,which are common.
sometimes u might find no connection between certain pairs.

so,join those to common and give it to 12V.
Now,u need to apply some trial n error methods.start connecting the other wires one by one to ground and see the motion.With some combination u will find the rotor rotates only one direction
I think it was not that clear what i said.Start working and let me know particulary where you are.

Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back