Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to export HFSS antenna to ANSYS circuit design ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kladenstein

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I have a frequency reconfigurable microstrip antenna project(2 to 6 GHz Multiband). There are two pin diodes in design(They change the length and provide reconfigurability according to their ON and OFF states). I drawed antenna in HFSS(i'm new to it) but as you know it's a passive device simulator. I need to export HFSS to ANSYS Insert Circuit Design (as the designer did in CST as the attached picture) for biasing circuit.

I actually can export it. But I don't know how to define ports(or terminals) for Pin Diodes in HFSS. I tried lumped port and wave port for that but they have no effect when analyze s11 of design in the Circuit Design.

- So, how do I need to define pin diode legs(terminals) in HFSS.

- and in HFSS do i need to add diode terminals(ports)on the antenna or tangent to the antenna slots as I did.

- or if everything I did is wrong can you tell me what I need to do?

(I hope I could explain my problem. Sorry for bad English.s )

The ones designer made.

devre.PNG
cst.PNG

The ones I tried.

ben1.PNG
(second(top) diode has also the same structure I didn't show that)

ben2.PNG
(I drawed the biasing circuit arbitrary just to observe the effect. I'll change it to the right one).

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back