Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to export GDS from Layout in Cadence? Can SKILL do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmad_abdulghany

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
cadence export gds

Hi,

Would anybody tell me how can I export the layout in Virtuoso Layout Editor to GDSII format? Hopefully with the GUI method and if possible, a piece of SKILL code that is capable to do that too.

Thanks and best regards,
Ahmad

gds layout

file> export> stream> insert library name> insert top cell name > insert output file name
and that is it

export cadence layout to gds

You can use cadence to stream in and stream out by GUI,just like above guy said

export cadence to gdsii

safwatonline said:
file> export> stream> insert library name> insert top cell name > insert output file name
and that is it

This is the right way.

and inside the popup window, you can use a file to define which layers need to stream out, and what does not need. because sometimes you do not need to export the flag layer.

export stream gdsii

u can use pipo command in unix/linux terminal without open virtuoso tools.

export virtuoso gds

llbaobao said:
u can use pipo command in unix/linux terminal without open virtuoso tools.

I think it is wise to be in DFII environment when working with layout database. Not always best to use UNIX to manipulate layout data... even though you can indeed do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back