Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to export from Ansys ? - For fabrication.

Ethan25

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I'm currently using Ansys electronics student desktop 2023 R2. I'm wondering after the antenna design and simulation there how should I proceed to with fabrication ? How do i export it as a Gerber or how to convert it ? the export menu under one of the drop down menus only had export image option.

oh damn :(
what do I do ?
any suggestions ? tips ?
If you archive your project then send to somebody who has exporting license, he can create Gerber outputs for you.
If the export menu is greyed, it's obvious that the license is not available.

If you archive your project then send to somebody who has exporting license, he can create Gerber outputs for you.
okay I'll try that but can the older version of ansys ( like 15.0 ) open .aedt archive files or will there be an error ?
after completing the archive I should then export it to AutoCAD dxf file or is there any other file format which I should do ? Assuming I have to add my matching circuit how do I add that ?
--- Updated ---

Assuming this doesn't work, do I have any other option ?

The other option is to redraw the structure, measure points of
interest and push the polygons. Klayout for IC or KiCAD for
PCBs?

okay I'll try that but can the older version of ansys ( like 15.0 ) open .aedt archive files or will there be an error ?
after completing the archive I should then export it to AutoCAD dxf file or is there any other file format which I should do ? Assuming I have to add my matching circuit how do I add that ?
--- Updated ---

Assuming this doesn't work, do I have any other option ?
I don't think that older versions can open this new format. It's not possible to my knowledge.

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back