Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to draw the shorting plate in IE3D?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pennylsn

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how to draw the shorting plate in IE3D??
i'm doing a PIFA design.... thankssssssssss

Re: IE3D help!!!

Hi, Pennylsn:

It is simple. For example, you have draw the finite ground (or define an infinite ground) on z = 0. You also define the patch on z = 3 mm. You want to build a shorting plate from 3 to 0. What you can do is to select an edge of 2 vertices on the patch at z = 3. Select EDIT->ADD VIA ON EDGES command. Enter the END Z-COORDINATE = 0 and MGRID will build the shorting plate for you. The latest MGRID will build the via and guarantee the connection at z = 0 for you. Please note that some earlier editions may not guarantee the connection at z = 0. You are required to divide the polygons on z = 0 to make sure the connections.

Best regards,

IE3D help!!!

thanks alot.. i will try it out..

IE3D help!!!

jian,

thanks for ur help the other day..
i would like to know how to set up the substrate layer thickness in IE3D..
thanks..

Hi, Pennysyn:

It is in the Param->Basic Parameters dialog of MGRID. You define either the z-coordinates of the top surface of a substrate layer or its thickness.

Please read the Section 3.2 and Appendix T of IE3D 11 or 12 manual. There are more discussion there.

Best regards,

Hi, jian:

i use from zeland v9.35, i can not create slot in patch. please helped to me.

Hi, nazanin:

I believe the command ADV EDIT->BUILD HOLES AND VIAS FROM SELECTED POLYGONS exist quite some years. It should be available on IE3D 9.x. You can use it in this way:

1. You draw your patch on z1.
2. You draw the shape of the slot on z2.
3. You select the polygons on z2. Then, you select ADV EDIT->BUILD HOLES... You check the layer z1 (or more layers if you want the slots on multiple layers). Select OK. IE3D/MGRID should build the holes on the patch on z1 for you. There are multiple options (filling the hole, build a via between layers).

Best regards,

Hi,thanks jian
also i want create slot in ground but i can not see ground plane. please helped to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back