Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to draw helixes in HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

astatine

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How to draw helixes in HFSS?

i'm not able to select under the draw menu, the icon "draw helix"

Please help!!

Hi astatine
Drawing a Helix
A helix is a 3D spiral object created by sweeping a 1D or 2D object along a vector. Sweeping a 1D object results in a hollow 3D object. Sweeping a 2D sheet object results in a 3D solid object.

1. Select the 1D or 2D object you want to sweep to form a helix.

2. Click Draw>Helix.

3. Draw the vector you want to sweep the object along. The two points that describe the vector affect axis direction only and not the helix length. The helix length is determined when you enter the pitch and number of turns in the Pitch and Turns text boxes. The initial radius of the helix is determined by the axis position relative to the object being swept.

a. Select the start point by clicking the point or typing its coordinates in the X, Y, and Z text boxes.

b. Select the endpoint by clicking the point or typing its coordinates relative to the start point in the dX, dY, and dZ boxes.

The Helix dialog box appears.

1. For Turn Direction, select Right hand if the turn direction is clockwise and Left hand if the turn direction is counter-clockwise.

2. In the Pitch text box, type the distance between each turn in the helix, and click a unit in the pull-down list.

3. In the Turns text box, type the number of complete revolutions the object will make along the vector.

4. In the Radius Change per Turn text box, type a number for the increase in the radius and select the units from the pull-down list.

After you set these values, the selected object is swept along the vector to form a helix. The original object you swept is deleted.

The Properties dialog box appears, enabling you to modify the object’s properties.

5. Click OK.

yes..i can find them under the help guide..however i've tried it before..there's a error msg.."Body could not be created for part because of invaild parameters to CreateHelix operation"

i want to draw 5mm diameter,1mm pitch and 4 turns

ok
draw a primary 2D or 1D object (Rect or Line) 5mm far from center. direction vector (0,0,1) and .....

Hi,

You can also try the following from HFSS main menu:

Draw -> User Defined Primitive ->SysLib -> SegmentedHelix

Also, for Helix Antennas, I would use "Antenna Design Kit".

I hope this helps.
Joline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back