Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to download and use ubuntu with out installing on computer HDD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well... the best place to download from is Homepage | Ubuntu which is the home page for the whole range of Ubuntu versions.

Download the appropriate file 32 or 64 bits, it will be about 700MB long and end in ".ISO". Use an image writing program to copy it to a CD. As you do not have Ubuntu at the moment, I'm guessing you have Windows so download Imgburn from The Official ImgBurn Website if you don't already have an ISO image writing program.

When you have the CD, boot from it. You might have to hit a key as the computer boots up to force it to boot from the CD drive rather than hard disk. And that's it !!

The CD will be MUCH slower to work than a hard disk installation but just about everything will run. Obviously on CD you can't save further information so don't bother trying to download updates or new programs. it will have no way to store them. If you like it, you can use the CD to install inside Windows, instead of Windows or alongside Windows. You can also install it to a USB memory stick and have a completely portable version you just plug into any computer and boot from. It is far more versatile than Windows.

Brian.

Like betwixt said "You can also install it to a USB memory stick and have a completely portable version you just plug into any computer and boot from. It is far more versatile than Windows." OR

An alternative way would be to run it in VMWare in virtual environment. You will be able to run Ubuntu and Windows side by side. Of course, though in this case,the virtual HDD would be on your comp's HD.

Hi koppan,
You can try tjis link: Super OS archive - hacktolive.org and select the Ubuntu version You preffer from 9.04 up 11.04.
All the files are live CD or DVD. You can try it before You install on your hard disk.
I hope it can help You!

Best Regards,

Silva.

I wish to down load and use ubuntu please let me know the best site and how to do it.:-D:-D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back