Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to do the data Z output of memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunrisesky

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
As you known, the data output of memory maybe is the high impedance. When the high impedance is transferred to the following logic, can it result in high current? I’m not sure.

In general, how to avoid the high impedance to transfer? I mean, if the data output of memory is Z state ( The memory is not enable to read or write, Memory Enable active), how to do these outputs? Leave it as it is, or use wrapper to output 1 or 0 using memory enable signal, or use BIST logic? I don’t understand. Would you mind tell me your suggestion? If you are in this trouble, how to do it?

Thank you very much.

sunrisesky said:
As you known, the data output of memory maybe is the high impedance. When the high impedance is transferred to the following logic, can it result in high current? I’m not sure.

In general, how to avoid the high impedance to transfer? I mean, if the data output of memory is Z state ( The memory is not enable to read or write, Memory Enable active), how to do these outputs? Leave it as it is, or use wrapper to output 1 or 0 using memory enable signal, or use BIST logic? I don’t understand. Would you mind tell me your suggestion? If you are in this trouble, how to do it?

Thank you very much.

High Z is same as High Impedance ouput and simular open circurits with no connection between inside and port of logic (or in practical simular 1-10 MOhm serie resistance via no open up/down driver transistors between port and inside logic) and output port floating in voltage depend of enviroment (bus) voltage level.

In enable/active mode is alway up or down transistors active and driven port and data bus low or high depend of memory status and adresses.

If logic driven up/down in wrong time, give a blocking bus and no other circurits (memory) can working same time and tristate port/driver is very necessary in bus system.

Thank you for your help.

I want to know whether I should connect output enable(active low) and chip enable(active low) always to the ground to let output not be high impedence.
Someone said it should be because high impedence will cause the circuit's power be very large.
Someone said that if I block high impedance from bus interface(just use a mux), there will be no differece whether I connect it always to the ground.

I dont know which way is more feasible. Or I leave it as it has High Z state.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back