Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to do 'sweep temp' in IC5.0?

Status
Not open for further replies.

copoler

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
".dc r1 10k 20k 100 sweep temp -40 125 5"
this is a Hspice expression.
how can i do the same job under ic5.0 analog environment?

Thank u!

Re: A problem of ic5.0

So from the Analog Design Environment choose Analysis->Choose and select the dc option. Here select as sweep variable Temperature and then set the star value to -40 and stop value to 125. Set sweep type to linear and then step size to 5. The set the enable option. For the resistor part you'll have to define in the shematic R1 as a parameter. Then from ADE choose Tools-.Parametric Analysis. Here
set the variable name to r1 or whatever name you have given to the parameter and set the from to filelds to 10k and 20k respectively. Also set step controll to linear steps and give the step size 100. the select the parametric analysis. I know its much more complicated than it should be, but it does the trick. hope I was clear enougth.

copoler

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
A problem of ic5.0

It depends which simulator you choose.
If you choose spectre, DC sweep can sweep a variable R1, which is defined in the schematic as above-mentioned. Then use parameter analysis tool to sweep TEMPDC.
If you choose hspiceS, DC sweep can only sweep independent sources. In this case, you may use parameter analysis tool to sweep both R1 and TEMPDC. The analysis type can be empty (Neither DC, nor TRAN, nor AC analysis is enabled) to speed up the simulation -- This will only enable operating point analysis. To plot output waves, you may define output expressions as VDC("/out"), IDC("/M1/D"), etc.
Parameter sweeping by hspiceS in ADE is much slower than standalone hspice simulations because the former will re-netlist the circuit whenever a parameter changes its value.

Then could u tell me how to define the r1 to a para?
Thank u!

copoler said:
Then could u tell me how to define the r1 to a para?
Thank u!
cristianb has mentioned it.
Just set the resistance value of a resistor to r1 in the schematic.

Thank u all at first!
Now i have little difficult question.
Using the method cristianb said,i got a series of curves having Temp as X-axis and Voltage as Y-axis,each curve has a own Resistant.
But if i need the X-axis represent Resistant,Y-axis represent Voltage,each Temp have a own curve,what should i do?

Regards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back