Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to do so many things in ADS

Status
Not open for further replies.

manjil

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points

Hello Everybody
I am to determine the impedence of a microstrip parallel to a groundplane.
and also to see the effect of changing substrate material,depth,separation distance of these two and so on on the characteristics impedence. and also to calculate the capacitance b/w microstrip and the plan as well as microstrip and the bottom conductor of the microstrip(as defined in its structure). can anyone help me how can i do it?
can i change the bottom conductor mentioned above? and is it possible in both layout and schematic?
thanks for holding patience such a long time. i am waiting for replies.
Regards :-
Manjil

Perhaps the "LineCalc" utility will help
**broken link removed**

manjil

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
+1 for line calc

Or you can just start a new project.
Select TLines-Microstrip
Select the MSUB for your microstrip substrate
- Define all your parameters
Select the type of line configuration (scroll down to MLIN)
- Define parameters

And your good.

Thanks to you both for ur suggestions.
I have done these both things but not enough.
In line calc, we can change the material properties but how to change the bottom conductor? and the Z(not) defined there is characterstic impedence or intrinsic impedence? other problem is how to determine capacitance b/w microstrip and the bottom conductor? In ADS, how can we check input impedence while a voltage is applied on input because in this case, all s-param become changed? please send me something more on these probllems. and thanks for the document dear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back