Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to do PCI interfacing for LabVIEW ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonika tanwani

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have to make a project - PCI interfacing for some control applications. It is data aquisition type. as far as i know, it requires the developing of the window driver software for driving PCI controller IC. and programming is done in C but the functions will be called in LabVIEW which is used for interfacing. Kindly help me to know how to proceed as i don't have any basics of software development and interfacing. i am new to project making itself.

Re: PCI interfacing

You will need a PCI device driver. What is the OS which you will use (WinXP, Win95, Win98, Vista)?

Re: PCI interfacing

If you want to do it the hard way find the corresponding Windows Driver Development Kit (usually there is a PCI example included) and a PCI specification, get some C compiler and a lot of patience.
If you don't - look for Jungo WinDriver or KernelDriver or go for the classic Compuware DriverStudio and SoftIce.
If your Windows happens to be Vista, look for MS Driver Framework.
Wish you luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back