Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to do Monte Carlo analysis when the DC analysis sweeps a model parameter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsk635

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I have to find the variation in the output of my design when the vth0 parameter of the mos devices varies. I inserted the required DEV and LOT values in the models and tried doing a MC analysis. The problem I encounter is that each run is a DC analysis of the circuit where one of the model parameter is varied. Orcad pspice does not do the MC analysis in this case saying that one cannot do a MC analysis when the DC analysis sweeps a model parameter.

Is there a way to get around this limitation? Or any other version of spice which will do this?

Thanks,
-DSK

Re: Monte Carlo help...

Well, as for this question, wish you search for another monte carlo post on this board. Humungus gave very clear explanation on it. I wrote down some of them.

LOT parameters have the same value everytime they are instanced.
DEV parameters have the different values in every instantition.
LOT parameters represent the variation of whole lot processed.
DEV parameters corresponds to mismatch amongy similar devices.

If he see this question, he may give you much more clear answer.
Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back