Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to do Arc Routing in PADS 2005?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monolisa5791

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

I am using pads 2005 sp2 tool for designing the baords. Now a days the customer are asking with arc routing pattern instead of 45 degree. Is there is any option to route the traces with ARC routing pattern . I have tried it with convert to arc option but it takes a huge time for converting traces to arc for each segment in the trace . Is there any option for ARC routing option as same as allegro.

Regards,
Monolisa

Re: Arc Routing in PADS

I have encountered the same problem of transforming the 45-degree cornered traces into arcs with PADS 2005/2007. There seems to be no easy of doing it with the software. What you can only do is to go to every corner of the trace and do a "pull arc" command, but that's too tedious and time consuming.... unless other PADS users here might have a better or faster way of doing it..

In my design there are some differential pairs with ARC routing to be matched exactly.If so how could I do it by using PADS software. Almost more than 50 pairs to be matched exactly with ARC routing.Is there any alternate way to acheive this.

Arc Routing in PADS

Hi guys,

You can try PADS Router for routing, I think it's easier than PADs. You can go to Tools menu and start PADS router.

Cheers.
Ngon

I have tried it in PADS router also same result.

Arc routing is a breeze .... if your using the right software .... sorry, but PADS is a nightmare for this type of routing

Whether ARC routing option is in PADS 2008?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back