Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to do ac simulation in cadence for an opamp?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i am also looking for this solution~~~
i am very upset that i can get opa's low-pass gain plot without those large cap and RES , without feedback, just deliver vn vp (vcm=2v,vdm=1v),
but once i put my design into the topology above, the result is not right at all~~~

novaming said:
i am also looking for this solution~~~
i am very upset that i can get opa's low-pass gain plot without those large cap and RES , without feedback, just deliver vn vp (vcm=2v,vdm=1v),
but once i put my design into the topology above, the result is not right at all~~~

It's a quite logical procedure (without large cap + res):
As the problem is connected with saturation due to offset, first you have to compensate this offset voltage. Then, run an ac analysis.

POCEDURE:
* Connect all dc supply voltages and run a dc analysis (Vdc at the non-inv. input, inv. input grounded).
* Determine the dc voltage Voff for which the output is in the middle of the linear portion of the transfer curve (for split supply: output=0 V). This is the offset voltage Voff.
* Apply this voltage Voff in series with the ac input (non-inv. terminal) and run the ac analysis (log scale!!)
* As a result, you get the open-loop gain vs. frequency (Bode plot)
_______-
Further question?
Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back