Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to do a good floor plan and power stripes with blocks??

Status
Not open for further replies.

googler123

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

I refer the cadence workshops and the document said the stripes would be added by 'The Synthesize Power Plan' ( Power -> Power Planning -> Synthesize Power Plan ) . So why not use the power---->>Power Planning-->>add stripes???

,,,,,,,,,,Confused ,

If I directly used the power---->>Power Planning-->>add stripes.

some black rim would have some errors.How to add the stripes correctly without any issues???

I refered the workshop1.dtmf.the path in workspace:XXXX/share/fe/gift/tutorials/dtmf/work_fe

BTY,How to do a good floor plan?

quite large question!
well, personally, I never used the synthesis power plan, but always power planning-add stripes command and I clean up my floorplan manually before a double check in calibre or other DRC signoff tool.

A good floorplan is made when:
-minimum space lost between macros/rows,
-macros placed in order to be close to their related logic,
-IR/Electromigration are good
-routing congestion as minimal.

Hi ,

Yeah....that's real a wide rang questions ,so sorry.

whatever,thanks for your review.

But,I still meet some trouble with the "add the strips".

here are pics,

1.the encounter_labs:
cadence_lab.png

2.test for adding strips.
test_floorplan.jpg

Q1:How to break all the stripes?? Some of them through the blocks.......the tools break the strips who are trying to pass the 'PLL CLK '(bottom right corner) block.

Q2.The blocks have the VDD or VSS rings, how to show them??? and how to connect them to the new leveL's VDD or VSS??

Maybe My questions are naive .but ,,please help me..thanks all of you.

Q2:by default the instance pins are not visible in encounter, you could set this one visible in the right panel.

Hi yadavvlsi,

But I still wish u can give some more info about the step of adding stripes with breaking the stripes.

Thanks.

---------- Post added at 13:32 ---------- Previous post was at 13:30 ----------

Hi yadavvlsi,

But I still wish u can give some more info about the step of adding stripes with breaking the stripes.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back