Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to display current waveform on oscilloscope? (Multism)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarbast Muhammad

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi i'm new
can anyone help me how to do this i know oscilloscope
only shows V but i have been asked to display I of the Diode on it

here the circuit i don't know what should i have to add and where connect the Oscilloscope

kkkkkkk.PNG

I don't know multisim, but most simulators allow you to monitor current through a device-the oscilloscope is just a 'virtual' instrument, so there shouldn't be any problem asking it to display current. Worst case, you could put a small resistor in series with the diode and measure the voltage across the resistor.

Use a C T for ac or a series resistor of very low value ,high wattage if isolated low voltage DC.

The current through the diode will be proportional to the voltage across the resistor. So, put channel 2 of the oscilloscope on the other side of the resistor and use the math functions on the oscilloscope to display Ch2-Ch1. This will be 100k x [Current through the diode].

-Jonathan

that is the method we have used before,the important thing is you must choose the resister with high accuracy!

My version of Multisim has a "Current Probe" found in the Simulate menu. Simulate->Instruments->Current Probe. Place the current probe on the wire going into the anode of the diode. Then, connect the probe to the input of the oscilloscope. Multisim Help has more details on use of the current probe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back