Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to display attached image in original size?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobsun

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I have found that all attached images are displayed in text body as a thumbnail first, and the larger original image is only shown after clicking the thumbnail, during which time the text will be dimmed in the background.

This is really not very convenient for viewing. Does there exist a way to display the inserted image at its original size?

Bob

Depending on your browser, right click on the thumbnail & select "open in new tab/window"

Keith

Keith,

I am using Opera and this action is possible.

But does there exist a way to display the image at original size (when it doesn't exceed the width/height limit) within the text body, like embedding an image in MS Word?

Bob

I think if the picture has been embedded with a thumbnail then there is no way round seeing the thumbnail first and having to click to get the full size image.

Keith.

You can do what you want if you use the
Code:

You can use the picture icon over the text editor add an image from URL but uncheck the "retrieve remote file" (this can be used for external links)
BipolarHBridgeSchematic.gif

The picture above is
HTML:
[IMG]https://www.robotroom.com/BipolarHBridge/BipolarHBridgeSchematic.gif[/IMG]

Another way to do it is if you add an image using the add image button that is in the lower right corner next to reply.
Use it to add the image, then copy the shown image link and add it to the text using the IMG tags as shown above

Alex

I was assuming that the problem was with displaying other people's posts. If they upload an image to the board and the forum software thinks it is too large then it creates a thumbnail. If they use the default code produced then it will always display a thumbnail. You are then stuck with having to click on it to get the full sized image.

Keith.

Not automatically downloading fullsize images is a feature of the board software to limit the traffic and should be acceptable, I think. Above a certain image size, thumbnails are automatically generated. You can remove it by editing the tag, but I rarely do, for the said reasons. Some contributors are even exceeding the page frame by placing oversized images, a bad habbit in my view.

Alex,

I found using the url[/TAG] method is effective. Thanks very much.

Bob

Please use add an image button and copy paste code with img tag after upload. If image is smaller than 600px width will be added with thumbnail. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.