Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to determine the parameter of set_max_fanout?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lee_polaris

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi:
I have known the function of set_max_fanout,but I don't understand how to confirm the parameter which following set_max_fanout.is this parameter determined according to target library. please help me!
thank you!

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    14.8 KB · Views: 70

Hi,
parameter for the set_max_fanout is value and port or pin list, syntax set_max_fanout value port|pin list
but i hope so thats not your problem you need to know which port or pin need to be listed and why?
if its not please highlight your question

You should not need to define this parameter if the library is correct. This parameter is already define in the liberty file.

The max_fanout is not defined in all .lib files I have.
I think those .lib files are correct.

Max fanout limit is used to avoid max cap violations. As far as you are not violating max cap limit, you need not to worry about max fanout.

I want to use the set_max_fanout to constraint the fanout of the net in the internal circuit,but I still don't understand how to confirm the parameter of set_max_capacitance.I just want to know in which case use the set_max_fanout and set_max_capacitance.
thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back