Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to determine the Dumping factor in third order PLL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mouzid

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
I need a material tutorial on third order PLLs. I need to know how to determine the Dumping factor.
Thanks in advance.

Re: Third order PLL

Refer to "Phase-Locked Loops/Roland E. Best", Chapter 4: Higher Order Loops.
The main problem - stability of the loop. You should choose the proper phase margin at the transit frequency ωT. The phase margin is correlated with damping factor in the second-order systems. What about the third-order PLLs, I can't say, maybe there is no such concept in these systems. Instead the phase margin is used. (see Figure 4.1 in the book).

Re: Third order PLL

E best's book is the worst book i have seen

SergeyBondarev said:
Refer to "Phase-Locked Loops/Roland E. Best", Chapter 4: Higher Order Loops.
The main problem - stability of the loop. You should choose the proper phase margin at the transit frequency ωT. The phase margin is correlated with damping factor in the second-order systems. What about the third-order PLLs, I can't say, maybe there is no such concept in these systems. Instead the phase margin is used. (see Figure 4.1 in the book).

Third order PLL

damping 1 is best

Third order PLL

can refer to B.Razavi book..
Monolithic Phase-Locked Loops and Clock Recovery Circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back